Updated Patient Appointment Process
This change is for the safety of our patients and employees, and to further assist with our social distancing efforts. Thank you for your help and understanding.
Our front desk staff will ask for your help answering a screening questionnaire of COVID-19 symptoms and travel history when confirming your appointment. We may have to reschedule your appointment if you answer Yes to these screening questions.
When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car and inform our office of your arrival via call or text. Our screening staff will greet you and do a temperature screening before you enter office premises. We will provide and require you to rinse and gargle your mouth with hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse before starting your treatment.
Office Modifications & Additional Machinery to Enhance Safety
- There will be a clear barrier in the front desk area to ensure the safety of the patient and front desk staff.
- We have installed multiple air purifiers (Airdog) which have proven to be a strong fighter against the coronavirus (COVID-19) and any airborne bio-aerosols. Lab tests have shown that Airdog X5 kills 99.9% of viruses in a testing room over the course of an hour. The high voltage inside the purifiers, much like bug zappers, kills and destroys viruses and bacteria.
- To provide aerosol and droplet free environment for our valued patients we have added the Extra-oral Dental Suction System which removes the Droplets and Aerosols effectively, highly reducing the infection risk, keeping air surgically clean and the product is manufactured in USA.
- Our sterilization and disinfecting protocols have always been the same adhering to the current CDC guidelines.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We will remove all materials and particles from our reception areas including magazines, pens, sign-in sheets, pamphlets, brochures, etc. that could potentially be transfer agents.
PDC is following CDC recommendations to minimize risk to our patients and our employees. We respectfully ask our patients to use social distancing guidelines while being taken care of at our offices.
Changes and Requirements Instituted for Our Employees to Ensure Safety
- All employees adhere to the same questionnaire of COVID-19 symptoms and travel history and will be requested to stay home if answering yes to these questions.
- All employees will have temperature measured and COVID-19 symptoms screening at the beginning of our workday and will be sent home if positive for any of these symptoms.
- All employees are required to wear appropriate PPE as applicable for the department they work in and to adhere to hand washing/sanitizing requirements.
- All employees are required to practice social distancing at work.
- Our employees will adhere to a strict schedule of thorough cleanings of all office surfaces.
We will continue to monitor the development of the pandemic in our community. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support and understanding.
Together, we will get through this! Stay safe!